Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gelato, Anyone?

Everytime my 2 boys and 1 girl pass by a corner food court station named G'lato di Italia in one of our big malls nearest to our apartment, I almost always think of an quintessential question in this diet fad society. How many calories are there in one lick of their fresh strawberry ice cream? To the calorie conscious health nut, every calorie intake counts. It is very strange. Some people never strive to lose pounds, and they lose weight anyway, but there is a big percentile in our society who painstakingly strive to calculate the amount and type of food they eat. I am very lucky not to be in that control group. I can eat whatever I want (I think :) ) and not store these extra calories in my middle.
So how many calories are there in that 2 scoops of creamy strawberry ice cream? Matter of fact, I don't care. Might as well order another cone of rocky road with marshmallows. Scrumptuosly delicious and mouthwatering with every bite. Gelato, anyone?

No comments: