Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cholesterol, Any Takers?

My yearly blood work for my annual check up revealed my cholesterol level to be a whopping 254. I just found out today after I picked up my lab results from my doctor's office. My physique is not that generous so my weight has nothing to do with it. Now I ponder, what have I eaten in the past 33 years that have made this level skyrocket, not to mention the scrumptuous lechon roast, humba, leche flan, oxtail kare-kare, sinigang baboy, adobong baboy, piniritong baboy and hundreds more of fat laden Filipino style cooking? Ironically thinking very very hard, I realize that the answer is just lying at the tip of my nose. Do I need to phase out this style of cooking and eating at home? I need to start eating healthy food the soonest just enough for my areteries to still have enough space left for a sufficient amount of blood flow to my vital organs so I can live 33 years more. I still do want not only to see my chikitings grow up, but also to retire comfortably to our newly purchased Corona del Mar home in Talisay, Cebu and just get lazy sitting down in front of the beach the entire day. I still would want to perfect Lisa Loeb's Stay in the acoustic guitar we just recently bought together (Aaron and I). I still would want to travel to my dream places not to mention Paris and Honolulu. I still would want to perfect my basic drumming skills and at least perform 1 complete pop rock song before I bequeath my red Pearl drum set (complete with a pair of Vic Firth sticks) to either my kids, to whoever is interested beating it. Too many things to do, too little time. Maybe I really do need to eat healthy from now on. Now, who would want to eat oatmeal every morning with me? Any takers?

No comments: